Thursday, August 11

Straightening Treatment at Home ? Sure why not !

Hey guys, soo If your like me, with thick curly hair its tough blow-drying your own hair and getting it to be super straight like at the salon. Well last night I tried a Keratin at home-treatment, I usually have them done when I get my hair blow-dried at the salon but I really didn't want to spend $40 to get my hair blow-dried in the middle of the summer so i bought the Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy 30 day Smooth Hair Treatment from Walgreens. At first I was pretty surprised with the initial results, which was my hair drying pretty much straight. Then I began blow-drying with a blow-drying brush, (not easy BTW). The front came out pretty straight I would have to say compared to how it usually is but its dry and feels damaged, from straightening at such high heat. The product made my hair smell good and feel nice and soft but doesn't get the hair as straight as the salon. That is if I did it correctly I had a hard time understanding the directions, which stated, "add treatment to two inch sections of hair", I did just what I thought it meant, but i feel like the back didn't come out as straight and my roots are still somewhat curly. I would have to say I do recommend it as a try for people with curly hair but not to expect a miracle to happen. Also try to separate hair into 4 sections and rub the treatment onto each section individually, that might work better.

Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy 30 day Smoothing Hair Treatment

Product Rating:
  • Overall: 4
  • Price: 2.5
  • Results*: 3
*Results vary from hair types and own processing
Pro's:
  • Hair smells good
  • hair soft
  • makes hair feel alive ( before ironing)
Con's:
  • The price is a little high for something so small
  • While ironing you have to place at a high heat (which makes hair feel stuck together not smooth)
  • Hair smells while ironing
  • Not that great of directions

Where to buy:
So I hope all you ladies out there with that big thick curly hair, are having luck with this product or other keratin/straightening treatments. 


Love always,
Blondie

No comments:

Post a Comment